Yes! Digital Smile Designing (DSD) is a cosmetic procedure in which dentists design and change a patient’s smile digitally before the treatment starts. This technology enables the patient to visualize what their smile looks like after the procedure.
Digital technology is more accurate and yields better results than older methods.
Digital Smile Designing Process
Digital smile designing steps involve:
- First step: Digitising the parts to be restored using a laser
- Second step: A computer graphic design of the structure is made using three-dimensional software
- Final step: The prosthesis is manufactured in a short time, based on the information obtained from scanning
Are You a Candidate for Smile Designing Treatment?
It is recommended for those who suffer from various oral problems like:
- Tooth Decay
- Tooth Loosening
- Weak Gums
- Crooked teeth
- Gummy smile
- Missing teeth
- Broken tooth
- Misaligned teeth
- Discolored teeth and gums
Smile designing also gives your lips a fuller and thicker look.
Considerations for Digital Smile Designing
- Get treated for tooth decay or gum disease before the smile design procedure
- Resolve tooth grinding habit before the procedure, as this can shorten the lifespan of your new smile
- Have sufficient enamel for veneers or teeth whitening
- Have good oral health and hygiene habits
Treatments Involved in 3D Digital Smile Design
Depending on the nature of your problem, the dentist will perform the following treatments to restore your desired smile.
- Tooth Bonding – Use tooth-colored materials to treat decayed, chipped, cracked, or stained teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth bleaching procedure will restore the milky appearance that you seek for your smile
- Dental Veneers – Thin, natural-colored customized shells to cover crooked teeth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth, or even spaces between teeth.
- Dental Crowns – A custom-made crown placed on the abnormal tooth helps to restore the natural look
Post-Treatment Care After Smile Designing
- Follow good dental hygiene practices by brushing and flossing after every meal
- Have regular check-ups with the dentist
- Get professional dental cleanings to ensure the durability of the treatment
How Long Does the Process of Smile Designing Take?
Depending on your treatment goals and dental problems, it may take three weeks to several months.
If your dream smile requires dental implants, optimal healing may take around six months to one year.
Digital Smile Designing is a revolutionary cosmetic procedure that helps individuals achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing smile. With its advanced technology, digital smile designing allows for accurate and precise treatment planning and execution, resulting in better outcomes and patient satisfaction. If you suffer from various oral problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, crooked teeth, or discolored teeth, you may be a candidate for smile designing treatment.